Sunday, December 20, 2020

Looking Ahead


I think it would be safe to say that most of us start a new year with anticipation of what is ahead. It may be thoughts on how we want to start healthier habits, or maybe we have plans to begin a new hobby or to work on self-care.

Either way, I think that everyone reading this would probably agree that this year- 2020- did not go the way we anticipated, and it certainly isn't really ending much better either.

Now, I could sit here and tell you that "everything happens for a reason" and "it will all work out in the end". And I believe both of those things- really, I do- don't get me wrong.

But here's the thing. Instead of saying those things to you- I'm going to say this instead:

"Look ahead".

Look ahead to what 2021 can bring. Look ahead to the next day, or week or month and the wonder and joy that it has in store. 

Look ahead to all the opportunities, the new friends, the fun and the learning that can take place in a year. 

Look ahead with the thought that maybe all the changes that took place in 2020 were there to serve a purpose. There to move you- me- society- the world- everyone into a different place. A different place where we all needed to be and didn't know it.

Just like when I first started my journey at Brain Fit Academy, and I was working on myself- I didn't know I needed it. 

I didn't know I was lost. 

I didn't know there was more to be had because all I knew was what I knew

What if...2020- with all its heartache, loss, trials and tribulations was really here to prepare us to look ahead. To prepare us to look into the new that can be. To help us feel more comfortable with what put us out of our comfort zone before. To help us turn inward- to our families, our friends, and ourselves. 

For me, 2020 was a year of tremendous growth. I am in a place in my life that I never imagined a few years ago. Some of that growth stemmed from the events of 2020, and some didn't. But regardless, I have grown.

Did 2020 turn out the way I wanted it to? My answer is yes. And no. 

Am I where I want to be in life as 2020 comes to a close? Yes. And no.

What I am doing now though? 

What I'm doing, and where I'm looking- is ahead

I'm looking forward to 2021 and what I am planning for myself. 

I'm looking forward to continuing the amazing work with clients at Brain Fit. 

I'm looking forward to teaching new classes and sharing this knowledge that has become almost second nature to me. 

I'm looking forward- looking ahead to the magic that 2021 has in store for me, and you, and for Brain Fit Academy

2020 is almost behind us and it's time. It's time to put it to rest and take all that we have learned (and lived) with us into this new year. Moving us along- moving us forward. Moving us into what is to be- and embracing that. 

Goodbye- 2020. Hello 2021. 

"Look Ahead".