Saturday, October 31, 2020

No Tricks, Just Treats

Today is Halloween. Of 2020. Need I say more? One could probably say that this whole year has been a trick, rather than a treat, right? 

But speaking of tricks, I wanted to talk about disbelief-about tricks- in terms of what we do at Brain Fit Academy

I remember when I first saw the presentation about Primitive Reflexes. I documented my experience in the post titled "You Don't Know What You Don't Know", if you're interested in reading more about that day. While watching that presentation, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Seriously, for a second I thought that it was a "trick"- that Primitive Reflex Integration couldn't possibly be a real thing, could it? 

I was so awestruck that I had never heard of it before- not even a whisper. And yet- and YET! it made so much sense and connected so many dots for me in regards to my son. In that short presentation we were given an overview of the three parts of the brain, the basics of Primitive Reflex Integration, and briefly how it can affect kids (and adults). Pam Formosa (the owner/director of Brain Fit) told her story- about how her life changed from this work. And again, I thought-is this a "trick"? It all just sounded too good to be true!

I listened intently though-and as you probably know by now- I ended up signing up my son for the program and now am a coach for Brain Fit myself.

No tricks. Just treats.

This work is not a trick. It's a real thing. It makes changes to the lives of kids and families. We make changes, the families and the coaches- together as a team

Primitive Reflex Integration and the other work we do a Brain Fit Academy is one of the greatest "non-tricks" I have ever seen. Everywhere I go I want to Shout it From the Rooftops because I am continually awed at the changes I see in my clients.

Every so often, I stop to think about my clients and where we started. It's easy to forget sometimes- where we started and where we're at now. The changes happen gradually, so I consciously think back to the beginning to remember. And wow, sometimes I just can't believe it! Here are some recent examples:

  • The six year old who would hide behind her mother and literally flee the room if I even brought out one of the reflex cards we use with the exercises on them. Now, she willingly picks from the activities on the card (or from other activities in folders we use) and is quite happy to do them with me. Not to mention the drastic reduction in fear responses her family has seen in her day-to-day life as well as other changes related to the reflex integration.
  • The twelve year old that didn't "know" where his feet were when I first started with him. And now- his balance, coordination and proprioceptive sense is incredibly improved- as is his attention, focus and organization. 
  • The ten year old that struggled with anxiety and within about 9 months was able to go on a two-day overnight class trip with his school. He said goodbye to his mother and didn't even look back. 

No tricks, just treats. 

The stories of clients that come through Brain Fit are filled with all kinds of wonderful, amazing, inspiring stories that are full of treats.

Primitive Reflex Integration is real. It's a sweet treat that I wish more people knew about and were able to experience. 

Spread the word- would you?