Monday, September 7, 2020

My Why


I want to help kids and families be happier. 

I'm going to say that again. I want to help kids and families be happier.

It's really that simple. That's my "why". In the post "People Often Ask Me", I talk about why I wanted to become a coach for Brain Fit Academy. And in the one called "The Passion for the Work Led me Here", I touch upon my passion for the work. 

Ultimately though? Being a coach, and the passion for my work are because I want to help kids and families be happier.  I want to help them find their smiles. I want them to enjoy the time they spend together as a family. I want the kids to feel happier in their skin and I want the parents to feel less stressed.

It's my why. This is what is getting me out of bed in the morning. This is what is driving me- even when I might be having my own stressful day or am just plain tired. My why keeps me going.

If you've been following my blog, then you've already got a pretty good idea about what we do at Brain Fit Academy. And, if you haven't read my other posts- you might want to check them out - *hint, hint*. 

Either way, what you need to know is that when we work with kids and families at Brain Fit, we can see some pretty amazing changes. Changes and growth in all sorts of areas:

It might be changes in behavior. Or, changes in school performance. Maybe the changes come in the form of balance/coordination. Or, it could even be less fear-based or sensory reactions. 

Like I said- all sorts of things.

And when changes happen in the child (and/or the parents!) you know what else happens? 

People are happier. 

The child is happier, the family is happier. 

This is my "why" remember? I want to help kids and families be happier!

So what do I do? 

I get up in the morning, I see my clients, work with them to the best of my ability and I enjoy every minute of it. 

My why keeps me going. My why gives me a sense of fulfillment in life. My why helps others. 

I don't think it could get much better than that.