Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Sometimes You Just Get Stuck



Sometimes, you can just get "stuck".  Emotionally stuck.  It may be for a day, a few weeks, or even for years.  
But just- stuck.

This has happened to me- on multiple occasions.  And, I'm sure that many of you can also relate. And you know what? I never realized how stuck I was- and I'm talking for YEARS. 

Stuck.  

I just couldn't move past certain emotions.  I couldn't get past certain events, or let them go from my thoughts. And as I moved through life, I took it day-by-day, hour by hour.  But I was stuck!

The thing I learned from working at Brain Fit Academy- well, one of the first things I learned, is that movement- intentional movement, can help get you un-stuck.

You see, at Brain Fit, we move our bodies in intentional ways- with a goal in mind, to "un-stick" what got stuck.  We re-organize our system- the brain and body system, to move us through and past what got us stuck. It's not always easy.  And it can certainly be (emotionally) messy sometimes- but it works.  It really, really works.

Sometimes, those movements are developmental type movements- to integrate primitive reflexes.  And sometimes they are movements that help us cross the midlines of our bodies or to calm and reduce stress using Brain Gym® activities. Or maybe, they are movements that come from the Rhythmic Movement Training program- that helps bring rhythm back into the body.  

Any (and all) of these can help a person- be they a child, a teen or an adult- to move forward in life, to feel better and happier, to un-stick the emotions or thoughts and continue on in life.

Life isn't about being stuck.  It isn't about living day-to-day, it isn't about being so focused on thoughts that you can't enjoy what is going on around you.

It's about enjoying, and laughing and living in the moment.

I love that I get to do this work with kids.  I love that I can help them get un-stuck and I also love that I have the support system for myself when I need to move forward.

And, by literally moving- is how we do it.