Sunday, January 3, 2021

Pride


Those of you who know me well will know that I'm an "achiever". Some may even call me an over-achiever.  

I wasn't always like that though. 

As a child, I would get fixated on things that didn't matter all that much. I would over-focus on little, piddly things that didn't make much difference to anyone. I'm pretty sure I drove my family nuts sometimes. And, even into adulthood I would drive my husband a little crazy by getting stuck on an idea that I just couldn't get past.

These days, I do what I call "using my powers for good". I put that achiever energy into more things that matter. I focus on things that I'm passionate about- things that mean something to me. I focus on what is happening in my life that matters- what I want to be good at. I focus on what I want to be proud of. 

In one of my first blog posts here, I wrote about how "The Passion for the Work Led me Here". I wrote about how my passion for Brain Fit Academy led me to take a leave of absence from my long-time teaching job. Brain Fit remains a passion of mine. The work that we do, the changes I see in myself and my clients- still fascinates and inspires me. It instills in me a sense of pride. Pride like no other. 

I'm proud because I'm using my "powers" for good. I'm using my innate ability of wanting to achieve- wanting to do my best, wanting to feel good about what I do here in my work. 

No- you know what? Good isn't even the word- Great! Excellent! Amazing! Awe-inspiring!

I am proud of the work I do at Brain Fit. I am proud of the time and effort I put into preparing for the classes that I teach. I am proud of the way I work with clients and help them. I am proud of my achievements!

The passion for the work led me here, and the passion for the work drives me still. 

Working with clients and their families, and teaching others about this work? What a great way to use my "powers". 

What a perfect place for me to "achieve"- because I'm helping struggling kids. I'm helping struggling families. I'm shouting the information "from the rooftops" and I'm making a difference in this world.

For me, there's nothing I'd rather do more than continue with this work. 

I'm not going to stop when I think I'm done- I'll stop when I know I'm proud. 

And right now? There's still much more work to be done. There's many more families to reach. There's more teachers, and therapists and parents to share this information with. There's people that need help- need us

I'm an achiever. I'm a coach at Brain Fit Academy...

And I couldn't be prouder.