Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Thankful


In this crazy year of 2020, amidst a pandemic that threw the world into chaos, I am thinking about tomorrow's Thanksgiving Day and all that I am thankful for in regards to Brain Fit Academy.

I am thankful for smiles. The smiles on the faces of my clients and their parents. Smiles when they are able to do something they couldn't before. Or smiles when they no longer do something that they used to.

I am thankful for tears. Healing tears that move kids/teens/adults forward in their lives and in their goals.

I am thankful for the vestibular system. That amazing balance system based in our inner ear that provides the brain with information about our relationship with gravity. 

I am thankful for the "baby brain". The most primitive part of our brain that is the first to develop and allows us to do automatic tasks such as breathing and reflexive movements.

I am thankful for the proprioceptive system. Another sensory system that gathers information from our muscles, joints and tendons and helps us to know "where we are in space".

I am thankful for the "emotional brain". The part of the brain that allows us to "swirl" with emotion and feel all that we need to feel.

I am thankful for the "Learning Loop". This visual is such a beautiful and easy way to help kids understand what is happening when emotions get the better of them.

I am thankful for Brain Gym®. The 26 movements in this program that can help kids (through adults!) in a myriad of ways.

I am thankful for the "Thinking Brain" that allows us to use our brain to "respond" instead of "react". 

I am thankful for Primitive Reflex Integration. The form of work that can help children feel more comfortable, confident, coordinated, and happy.

I am thankful for my "Big Green Ball". My trusty helper that rides in my car and assists me whenever I call on it to work with kids.

I am thankful for my clients, their parents, and families. Being able to work with them brings tremendous joy to my life.

And finally, I am thankful for Pam Formosa. Owner/Director of Brain Fit Academy and the person who brought this amazing work to me and has taught me so much.

 

Yes, it sure is a time to be thankful. 


What are you thankful for?