Friday, November 6, 2020

The Show Must Go On!


I love the work I am doing in my life right now. It is the "eve" of my teaching the Primitive Reflex Integration course online for the first time. I am so excited that we have been able to pivot the course and that I can continue teaching this important information in a new way- on Zoom!

As I have mentioned many times before, Primitive Reflex Integration is something I wish people all around the world knew. So much so that I want to Shout it From the Rooftops!

When I was thinking about how this "show must go on", it also got me thinking about kids. My clients, other Brain Fit clients, and kids out there- in the world who's show doesn't "go on". 

I'm talking about the kids that are so stuck in the Fight/Flight/Freeze response that their parents can't even get them to school some days. 

I'm talking about the kids that hear others talking behind their back about them and feel so badly about it that they refuse to go to school or other places where they would need to be around their peers.

I'm talking about the kids that struggle with math, or reading or writing. Or struggle with sensory issues, or social interactions. Or those that have other learning challenges, or live with chronic- daily, anxiety.

For those kids- is the show "going on"? 
  • Are they living a full and happy life? 
  • Is the rest of the family calm and content? 
  • Are they able to "pivot" and go with the flow of life? 
  • Do they have the resiliency and self-regulation to get themselves through their day?

I would guess that in most of those cases, the answer is no to a lot (if not all) of those questions.

What I love about Brain Fit, is that we work with these struggling kids and families.

We work with our clients to integrate the primitive reflexes and get to the root cause of many of these challenges. We teach them tools that they can use in their daily life to calm the nervous system and bring them back to homeostasis. We give them knowledge about their brain, and what to do when they find themselves "out of the loop". We teach adult classes- such as the reflex integration course I'm teaching this weekend and Brain Gym® 101. We also (in "normal" times) offer professional development sessions for teachers and other professionals that work with children. 

The show must go on with people’s lives. These kids and families that are struggling need ways to cope, ways to help. 

Ways to help ease anxiety so that kids can get back to school and feel more self-confident about themselves. 

Ways to make learning challenges less challenging. Ways to help kids "pivot" and be resilient throughout their day and life. 

I am grateful and proud to be a part of this company- Brain Fit Academy, that helps kids and families on a daily basis with all of this.

My "show" is going on tomorrow in the form on an online Reflex Integration course.
Meanwhile, Brain Fit will continue working with all of those who find us and need help keeping their own show running. 

We're here, let us help. The show must go on!!