Thursday, July 30, 2020

The New "Normal"


It stinks.


There, I said it.  This new "normal" just stinks.  


This is where I'm at on July 30th, 2020, and I'm sure many of you are right here with me. 


And to think about the "going back to school" thing? Forget it! I get a tight feeling in my chest when I even open emails from my children's school because I don't know what anxiety-provoking information they might contain!


I get where you are.  I understand it because I am going through it too. I am a mom of two teens, one of them on the Autism Spectrum. I am also a teacher (on a self-chosen leave for the 20-21 school year-see this post to find out why) And I'm a coach- at Brain Fit Academy, but if you follow my blog you would already know that!


In thinking about this new normal- this new, weird, scary, normal, I wanted to chime in about Brain Fit. I'm chiming in because I know stuff.  I'm a coach at Brain Fit too- remember? So I know stuff.


What kind of stuff you might ask? It's kind of like I have this inside information. Information as to what they do at Brain Fit Academy.  Oh wait- I DO have that information because I work there!


But here's the thing. 


As I think about my own anxieties coming up- my own worries, and what I need help with- without a doubt- I know that Brain Fit can help me (and others like me) with:


  • Helping shift this lump in my throat when I think about school starting soon.

  • The heaviness I feel when I worry about how much my Autistic son missed of his learning and wondering how he'll ever catch up.

  • The anger when I think about how I’m going to have to become my son's advocate again to make sure he gets the services he needs.

  • The sinking feeling when I think about how there’s no good answer to going back to school.  Every plan has its benefits and drawbacks.

  • Being sure that (all of my family) has the flexibility and resilience to move through this new normal.

  • Transitioning back to school with tools and support to help us on a day-to-day basis.

  • Access to kind, caring coaches that lend an ear and understand because many of them are also going through it!

  • Giving my children tools to help them focus and learn- whether they are remote, in-person or a mix of the two!

  • Providing a program that gives emotional support not only for my child, but for me too.


It kind of sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? But it's not. This is Brain Fit Academy. This is what we do- in fact, this is only a sampling of what we do.  This is just what I'm looking for help with right now.  And, I'm sure that many of you are looking for the same type of support!


Brain Fit has tools.  Brain Fit has caring coaches that "get it". Brain Fit provides support and resources that "think outside the box" and work.


This new normal stinks.  But with Brain Fit as a partner, it can be a lot better.  And if the new normal is a lot better, my family and I (and yours too!) will move through it easier and come out on the other side in much better shape. 

 

Seriously, what have you got to lose?